Decorating your Nursery on a Budget a nursery can be a daunting task….especially if you are working within a tight budget. But creating a sweet and stylish room for your new baby, without spending a fortune, is possible if you spend the time it takes to find what you love at affordable prices. Babies have very simple needs - a place to play and sleep - so when designing your nursery, focus on the essentials, and items you can’t live without.
2. Start planning and shopping for the nursery early. The earlier you start, the better chance you will have finding the perfect items at the best prices. You won’t feel rushed, and be tempted to over spend.
3. Garage sales, secondhand stores, Craigslist, or eBay are excellent sources for gently used items such as chairs, changing tables, dressers and more. However, be careful of used cribs, as drop-sided models are no longer approved by the CPSC, and can be unsafe.
4. Make sure you sign up for emails from your favorite stores and websites, so you will be sure to be notified of sales and promotions.
5. Shop budget friendly stores for accessory items: Target, Homegoods, IKEA, Marshalls, TJMaxx, etc.
6. DIY Walls….Paint or stencil can be time consuming but, easy & inexpensive. There are lots of ideas on the internet on blogs and Pinterest.
7. Make a changing table out of the top of your nursery dresser by just adding a changing pad on the top. This idea will save you money and space. When you are done with changing diapers, you can remove the pad, and voila, you have your dresser top back!
Good luck with your bargain shopping!