Decorating your Nursery on a Budget a nursery can be a daunting task….especially if you are working within a tight budget. But creating a sweet and stylish room for your new baby, without spending a fortune, is possible if you spend the time it takes to find what you love at affordable prices. Babies have very simple needs - a place to play and sleep - so when designing your nursery, focus on the essentials, and items you can’t live without.
Some tips on creating a Chic but Cheap Nursery:
1. Determine your budget up front. Just like with a wedding, crazy spending on a new nursery is easy to do. If you establish a budget up front, it will be easier to stick to it and stop yourself before going overboard.
2. Start planning and shopping for the nursery early. The earlier you start, the better chance you will have finding the perfect items at the best prices. You won’t feel rushed, and be tempted to over spend.
3. Garage sales, secondhand stores, Craigslist, or eBay are excellent sources for gently used items such as chairs, changing tables, dressers and more. However, be careful of used cribs, as drop-sided models are no longer approved by the CPSC, and can be unsafe.
4. Make sure you sign up for emails from your favorite stores and websites, so you will be sure to be notified of sales and promotions.
5. Shop budget friendly stores for accessory items: Target, Homegoods, IKEA, Marshalls, TJMaxx, etc.
6. DIY Walls….Paint or stencil can be time consuming but, easy & inexpensive. There are lots of ideas on the internet on blogs and Pinterest.
7. Make a changing table out of the top of your nursery dresser by just adding a changing pad on the top. This idea will save you money and space. When you are done with changing diapers, you can remove the pad, and voila, you have your dresser top back!
8. Pinterest is a great source for inexpensive nursery DIY projects: painting, sewing, stenciling, storage, mobile projects and more!
9. Frequent antique shops, estate sales to find vintage frames, accent décor and furniture pieces. Repaint items to match your nursery to create an adorable vintage nursery!
For our recent photo shoot, we created our room shots by accessorizing with items from budget friendly stores. We were we amazed at the adorable items we were able to find at reasonable prices. Awesome deals can be found for picture frames, lamps, rugs, decorative accessories and more. It may take a little hunting, but it’s worth the time and effort for the money that can be saved!